St. Anne Centre Diabetes Clinic – (902) 226-1911
Main Site: (Mon – Thurs): St. Anne Centre Outreach (mini home) next to main building in the parking lot.
Satellite Clinic Sites: Chapel Island Medical Clinic & Dr. Kingston Memorial Clinic, L’Ardoise
If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes and want to improve your self-management skills, you can access the clinic through your physician/nurse practitioner or you can self-refer.
We can help you acquire the knowledge, confidence & skills needed to self-manage your chronic disease.
Our diabetes educators (nurse and dietitian) work in partnership with you & your physician/nurse practitioner to address your health concerns.
Services offered include:
- Individual counselling (nutrition, physical activity, medical management, ordering laboratory tests)
- Home Glucose monitoring guidance
- Medication management(oral or injectable medications)
- Insulininitiation, adjustments and follow up
- Managing the emotional impact of diabetes, for patients /family members/support persons.
- Assistance in accessing community resources
- Access to Internal Medicine & Ophthalmology specialists (On-site visits)
- Adults with diabetes or pre-diabetes
- Family members / support persons of people living with diabetes
- Pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes or gestational diabetes
Nurse Coordinator – Ashley Lavandier BSc.N, RN, CDE (Certified Diabetes Educator since 2022).
Basic Insulin adjustment certification since 2021
Email address: email@example.com
Dietitian – Lisa DeWolf PDt.
Basic Insulin adjustment certification since 2010
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Advisor – Dr. L MacNeil MD
If you would like more information about diabetes please refer to the Diabetes Canada web site at www.diabetes.ca
Other web sites that may be of interest:
Dietitians of Canada – www.dietitians.ca